LAGOS EKO SECONDARY EDUCATION PROJECT QUOTATION SOLICITATION (Q.S.) FOR REFURBISHMENT OF PROPOSED AUTOMOBILE SOLUTION CENTRE AT GOVERNMENT TECHNICAL COLLEGE, ADO SOBA, LAGOS-BADAGRY EXPRESS ROAD, 25 FEBRUARY, 2013
LAGOS EKO SECONDARY EDUCATION PROJECT QUOTATION SOLICITATION (Q.S.) FOR REFURBISHMENT OF PROPOSED AUTOMOBILE SOLUTION CENTRE AT GOVERNMENT TECHNICAL COLLEGE, ADO SOBA, LAGOS-BADAGRY EXPRESS ROAD
1. The Lagos State Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of Lagos EKO Secondary Education Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the contract for Refurbishment of Proposed Automobile Solution Centre at Government Technical College, Ado Soba, Lagos-Badagry Express Road
2. The Lagos EKO Secondary Education Project now invites sealed bids from eligible Contractors for the Refurbishment Works for the Proposed Automobile Solution Centre following the attached Drawings and Works Scope.
3. The Proposed Automobile Solution Centre will be located at Government Technical College, Ado Soba, Lagos-Badagry Express Road
4. Your quotation should reach the undersigned within 7 (seven) days from the date of this advert.
5. The Refurbishment Works for the Proposed Automobile Solution Centre shall be through the National Shopping procedures specified in the World Bank Procurement Guidelines.
6. The Schedule of Works/Bill of Quantities/Drawings are in the attached Annexes 1, 2 and 3 or get across to the Project Office for a hard copy.
7. The works carried out under this Contract shall conform to the standards provided in the attached Technical Specifications.
8. All works carried out under this contract shall be inspected and must conform with the specifications any sub-standard work shall be rejected.
9. The whole works shall be completed within 6 (six) weeks from the date of signing of contract, together with supplier’s invoices showing their description, quality, unit price and the total amount.
10. The Contractor shall not assign, in whole or in part, its obligations to perform under this Contract, except with the written consent of the Project Coordinator of Lagos EKO Project.
11. The Lagos EKO Project may terminate the Contract if the Contractor fails to make commendable progress or complete the work within the period specified or within any extension thereof granted in writing by Lagos EKO Project.
12. Payment shall be on Lump Sum basis and in accordance with the Schedule of Activities. The Contractor’s request for payment shall be in writing, accompanied by an invoice. All payments shall be made promptly and in no case later than 14 days after completion and acceptance of any section of work. A retention fee of 5% of certified payment shall be withheld till the end of defect liability period.
13. The defect liability period shall be for a period of 30 days after the issuance of certificate of completion.
14. Prices and Rates charged by the Contractor for the Works or any section of Works shall not vary from the prices and rates quoted. Prices shall therefore be fixed.
15. The validity period for the quotation shall be 60 days from the date of submitting the quotation.
16. The quoted price should take into consideration all taxes, including 1% Lagos State Government research and development levy.
17. Original copy of the quotation shall be submitted sealed in an envelope and addressed to The Project Coordinator, Lagos EKO Secondary Education Project, 4, Emina Crescent, off Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos State.
18. The successful Contractor shall be notified in writing.
Lagos EKO Project